Friday, January 11, 2008

I Normally Don't Do These Things: Book Tag

Good friend and future preacher-of-the-year Ann Pittman tagged me. I normally skip these things, but this one is worth it:
  1. One book that changed your life: Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism by John Shelby Spong. The timing and the subject matter couldn't have been more pertinent than when I read this in 2002.
  2. One book that you’ve read more than once: I rarely will read a book more than once. I highlight and make note of the best parts for easy reference later.
  3. One book you’d want on a desert island: A book with an inflatable raft and talking parrot inside. The raft to get off the island and the parrot for companionship and eventually dinner.
  4. One books that made you laugh: America by Jon Stewart and the writers of The Daily Show. I'm ready for those guys to be back.
  5. One book that made you cry: N/A
  6. One book that you wish had been written: What You Should Have Said: A Manual To Your Life To Prevent You From Saying the Wrong Thing. It would be magical and look into the future and make sure I didn't say something ignorant or flippant to anyone I love (or like).
  7. One book that you wish had never been written: I won't answer this one. Most authors (I think) are proud of their work, no matter how much someone else might hate it.
  8. Two books you’re currently reading: What Should I Do With My Life? by Po Bronson and Leadership is an Art by Max De Pree.
  9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama.
  10. Now tag five (or so) people: I never tag people. But, as it turns out, I did these about a year and a half ago. I like how the answers have changed. Except #5.

Comments (0)