Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Books

I was 'tagged' by both Janalee and Jeffrey. So I guess I have to do this crap. For the record, I hate these stupid surveys that take up blog space, and unless people know you, they probably don't care what you're writing about yourself, unless it's a good story. And look: I'm a pretty big deal and have thousands of readers who don't know me and may not give a crap that I read books. But, since this survey is not as stupid as some, and since I have a few minutes before my meeting, and since I could be wasting time on Facebook or MySpace, I guess I'll give in:
  1. One book that changed your life: A New Christianity for a New World, by John Shelby Spong
  2. One book that you've read more than once: Things a Man Should Know About Style, by the Esquire editors
  3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Swiss Family Robinson, by Johann Wyss - I've never read it, but hopefully it would have some sweet blueprints for a treehouse
  4. One book that made you laugh: The Far Side Gallery 5, by Gary Larson
  5. One book that made you cry: N/A
  6. One book you wish had been written: How to Tell People to Shut Up and Have Them Still Admire the Crap Out of You
  7. One book you wish had never been written: Guiness Book of World Records
  8. One book you're currently reading: Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris
  9. One book you've been meaning to read: Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
  10. Tag 6 others: Absolutely not. These surveys are the new chain letters. I only filled this out because someone promised it would bring me riches.

Comments (4)

yeah, well, the survey hates you too.

Other than my family and you, Eddie, I may have about 6 other folks that stop by my blog when they're bored.

A lot of what I write has some dry wit to it, but again, like the books, unless you know me, you may not get it.

No book has made you cry? puh-lease.

Did you see the movie Fast Food Nation? It was quite good!