Thursday, August 20, 2009

When I Found Out (my wife was pregnant)

When we thought we were pregnant, I had just finished eating a cupcake while watching Jim Rome.

When we knew we were pregnant, I was in line at the post office.

While shipping packages and pounding cupcakes can be causes for celebration, they don't quite compare to finding out that you just fathered something.

It was around Cinco de Mayo when we found out. The doctor's estimate had us welcoming a bundle of joy sometime in late December or early January. Right around mine and Lynnette's birthdays, our anniversary, and Christmas.

And Kwanzaa, of course. (We're huge Kwanzaa freaks.)

Maybe that'll be the baby's name. I'm not really sure what the naming process will be like. I'm not sure what any process will be like. All I know right now is that I'm on litter box duty for the next several months (and probably longer).

Speaking of my cat, she took it the worst of all. She's already overwieght and has half a tail. So, this sent her right over the edge. Somehow, she knew. She spewed projectile vomit over the kitchen floor the night after we found, which I cleaned up the next morning. So add that to the "List of Things I Did When I Found Out I Was a Dad:"
  • Eat a cupcake
  • Mail packages
  • Clean up cat vomit
And for now, a picture:

Comments (9)

Congratulations! That's a lucky kid to have such cool and caring parents.

Congrats! I have a feeling that's going to be one good-looking baby with parents like you two! And lucky, since you're great people too. :)

so happy to hear this news! you two will be great parents!!

Congrats! And you guys look great, and I can't wait til this place turns into a daddy blog!

(and the word verification to post this is ELMObac...even word verification sense Elmo in your future!)

yea! i think your kid will turn out okay. as long as she gets a weekend or two a year with her aunty ann.

Sam - Congratulations! Such great news. Looking forward to more of the daddy blogging at your new site!

Anonymous

12:49 AM

congrats on the daddyhood. :) just had a little one ourselves, and the only reprieve my hubby had on litterbox duty was the fact that we had an automatic litter box (scoopfree.com) - so he got the alright end of the deal. Didnt even have to scoop poop. Me, on the other hand? 50hrs of labor AND a c-section. Why dont they have automatic labor machines? My advice: get yourself an automatic litter box like ours, and use your spare time to rub your wife's ankles. ;)

Sorry I'm late in the game... CONGRATS! Super happy for you guys.

It was around Cinco de Mayo when we found out. The doctor's estimate had us welcoming a bundle of joy sometime in late December or early January. Right around mine and Lynnette's birthdays, our anniversary, and Christmas.