Monday, November 12, 2007

No One Cares About Your YPO

Here an excerpt from my column today at YPCommons.org:
I was visiting my college roommate in his hometown. I was in town for a CoolPeopleCare event, and my friend was gracious enough to allow me to stay with him for a night. Besides, I hadn't seen him in over a year, and it's always good to catch up.

We went to this local bar because he knew the bartender, which meant a deep discount on our drink order. As we sat sipping and reminiscing, I took a look around the joint. Like a lot of nightspots, the clientèle of this watering hole was young-faced. Glancing around, I guessed that most patrons were in their 20's or early 30's. The bartender herself was 27. Here, in this smoky bar with basketball games on TV was a bumper crop of YPs.

And none of them cared about the local YPO...

Comments (0)