Thursday, January 25, 2007

For Better or For Worse

Thanks to the parents, Lynnette and I were the grateful recipients of a TV upgrade over the holidays. The new TV has HD capabilities, and after the first few years of our marriage were spent with the most limited of channel selections, it was time to step it up a bit.

We had also wanted a way to record shows when we stepped out for the evening other than the VCR. So, we called Comcast, and as of yesterday, we are the proud monthly lessees of an HD-DVR box complete with a standard cable package.

This means three things:
  1. I can watch Colbert with the rest of you.
  2. 24 and Sportscenter look even better that I imaginged.
  3. Hutchmo will come visit a lot more (even when I'm not here).

Comments (3)

Anonymous

11:27 AM

I am definitely having some 10th commandment issues with your new TV.

Congrats on the HD and DVR...we are loving our DVR because I can watch all the SCRUBS re-runs whenever I wanna watch em' as well as not miss shows I'd ordinarily miss.

One slight quibble...HUCTMO? (o;

hmmm... It'll be good for watching football,

Sorry, John H. My typo was my attempt to keep you incognito.

See you Sunday. (And Wednesdays for Lost, and Mondays for 24, and Tuesday afternoons for baseball on ESPN, and...)